Wednesday, January 19, 2011

9. A lot has happened since then.

Sooo... it's been a while. A lot has happened. So here goes!

I met Helen Darling at a Christmas Party. She is a singer-songwriter who actually sold a song and it paid for her family's huge house! Had to have been a great song, right? It was!! It was "Bring On The Rain" sung by Jo Dee Messina! It was such an honor to meet her.

I have been back to Cheatham Street Warehouse twice now for the Songwriters Circle. It is so inspiring to sit and listen to all the songwriters who are so passionate about what they do. It has been an incredible experience to get to sit among them and share my songs. I wish I could be there every week, but work keeps me away.

Speaking of work, it is going so great! I am absolutely in love with my job. I am now a deck manager and movin on up! I love the kids. It's so fun playing with them and teaching them how to swim. As much as I would like to have kids one day, getting to hold tiny babies and play with toddlers every day scratches that itch just fine.

Speaking of scratching itches... Go to Bed, Bath, and Beyond and buy a $4 scalp massager. It will be the best thing that ever happened to you. Seriously.

I am playing a show tonight in downtown Austin at Carousel Lounge at 7pm. This is my first time playing there, and I'm opening for the band Chinaski! If you are close by, you should come! The full lineup is Hanna Jo, Chinaski, A Likely Few, Decker, and Casey Hubble. 


I am gonna need some people to come visit me verrry soon, so please get on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment