Monday, November 8, 2010

3. Packing My Life Away

Yes. Of course I waited until the last minute to pack. But since the Woodersons are renting me a fully furnished bedroom, I only have to take clothes and toiletries for now. I usually dread packing, but today I am filled with excitement! Every shirt I pack, I pause and imagine walking down 6th st. in it. If I can see it, I pack it. If I can't... well I don't trash it, but maybe after a few months of living without it I can part more easily.

I spent the weekend in Plano and Southlake training for my new job. I'll be primarily a swim instructor for the next 4 months teaching little kiddos how to not drown! It was a pretty fun training. It all lead up to a certification test we took last night. We had to score an 80. I was worried...  I had dreams about my site director calling and saying, "I'm sorry Hanna Jo, but you scored a 35 on your test. That is unacceptable, so don't bother packing today. I'm afraid we can no longer hire you."  I got my results this morning and I scored a 94! Not bad for my first in 2 years. And such a relief.

I'm going to a "See ya later dinner" tonight with some close friends. I don't do goodbyes. We're going to Fort Worth's historically famous Joe T. Garcias. Its a funky town staple on the South side of the stockyards. They only have 2 things on the menu, and it's cash only. The margaritas are stronger than they taste, and the patio is gorgeous! It should be a perfect venue for me to say "See ya later."


I MOVE TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment