Tuesday, November 9, 2010

4. Moving Day!

It's Moving Day!!!!

I'm all packed. My clothes are stuffed in suitcases, and my guitar is in the trunk. I've said goodbye see you later to all my DFW friends. I cried leaving dinner last night. And I'm not a crier so this is big for me. I'm moving away from a girl who has become one of the most important people in my life, and I'm torn up about it. I'm so gonna miss the patio nights, the last minute roadtrips out of town, the weeknights out late when our favorite Texas Country Band was playing, watching football like our lives depended on it, our long discussions about faith, love, and dreams, and so much more. I spent the night at her house last night, and when I left to come load up all my stuff to hit the road, it didn't feel like I was really leaving. Maybe it hasn't truly hit me yet. Everything has happened so fast, and I am so blessed by that, but at the same time, I almost don't believe it.

Anyways...

Now I'm about to hit the road. I need to start booking shows THIS WEEK. It's imperative that I dive into this scene and not be lazy about it. If you have any ideas on venues or band to play with let me know! That would be a big help. I don't know too much about Austin, so this is gonna be an adventure for sure.


"The road of life twists and turns and no two directions are ever the same. Yet our lessons come from the journey, not the destination." -Don Williams Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment